APD:Training & Job Placement Manager
ASSOCIATION OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
The Mpumalanga Association of and for Persons with Disabilities is a Provincial NPO whose objective is a diverse South African Society built on equality, equity, inclusion, and free from discrimination, in which persons with disabilities are recognized as an integral part of society.
They serve as a pro-active forum for the advancement of persons with disabilities so as to enable them to attain their maximum level of independence and integration into the community, and to prevent the occurrence of disablement.
APD seeks to appoint a Training & Job Placement Manager to be based in The Provincial office situated in Silver Oak Street, Mbombela.
Employment Type: 12 months contract (renewable)
The ideal candidate will be responsible for Training and Job Placement programmes of the Association and will have a proven experience as Facilitator / Assessor. The incumbent will be expected to liaise with various stakeholders involved with Training & Skills Development for persons with disabilities.
Key Performance Areas: Training & Skills Development:
- Identify and assess the training needs of the organization through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers.
- Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific business needs.
- Effectively manage the training budget
- Select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver training.
- Create a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organizations goals
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Initiate Skills training & short courses to prepare People With Disabilities for job placements
- Explore Learnership opportunities for PWD’s
- Manage the Product Development training for Persons with Disabilities
- Meet with the Department of Basic Education and other institutions of education to ensure that learners with disabilities are accommodated.
Key Performance Areas: Job Placement:
- Establish a Job Placement Service for People with Disabilities
- Conduct outreach to the public via the media and other related stakeholders of PWD
- Provide information and advice to prospective applicants
- Assess applicants’ abilities and needs and help them to develop educational and financial plans
- Facilitate Internships for young graduates with disabilities
- Help, prepare, place and monitor interns
- Prepare soon-to-graduate disabled students with resume and interview skills
- Ensure disabled graduates’ success in meeting necessary licensing requirements
- Manage Enterprise Development and Registration of Co-operatives for PWD’s
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education / Social Sciences
- Registration with a Professional body like SACSSP, SACE etc
- Registration with the HWSETA as an Assessor
- 5 years’ experience as an Assessor and Facilitator
- Experience in conducting Training and Assessing / Evaluating learner Competency
- Facilitation Skills and advanced understanding of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of learning methodologies and facilitation methods
- Sound Communication skills, with extensive written and verbal skills in English in order to handle proposals, and strong planning and organizing skills
- Strong motivational and influencing skills to develop people’s attitudes and skills
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships and enduring organizational support
- Competent use of Microsoft Office
Remuneration will be in accordance with the qualifications and experience of the incumbent. The successful candidate will be based at the provincial office in Mbombela. Interested persons may submit their Applications to: The Director, 2 Silver Oak Street, Mbombela or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org fax number 086 540 8393.
Note: People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.