MSFOCB: Transport and Customs Officer
Doctors without Borders (MSFOCB)
Job Location : Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa
Job Grade : 5
Duration : 12 months (with a possibility to extend)
Start Date : As soon as possible thereafter
1. SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Planning and supervising the day to day implementation of procedures and administrative processes for the efficient clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods in the mission according to company’s protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
2. OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and supervising the day-to-day activities and administrative processes to ensure an efficient running of the clearance and transportation processes of medical and non-medical goods for the supply office (SASSU), ensuring compliance to company standards, protocols and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Acting as a forwarding agent for the mission by ensuring all the importation processes are correct by acting as the liaison of the clearing agents through follow-ups of all importation and exportation process in order to receive/release goods as fast as possible.
- Conducting local context watch and proposing best routing for local transport taking in consideration nature of goods and timing and participates in the network for cargo transportation possibilities with the others sections. Organizing regular market consultations and tenders on transport local market (Road , Air …)
- Responsible for the receptions and expeditions of international freight and orders.
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing the shipment of goods purchased locally and managing all related administration documents
- Communicating with customers, prioritizing transport according to their needs.
- Coordinating and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the daily workers, defining each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her specialty and as specified in his/her job description.
- Gap-fill for the Order Processing Officer during leave period.
- It will be a requirement for the holder of this position to take up Driver responsibilities as and when necessary.
3. REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Diploma in Supply Chain or Transport Management or equivalent (essential)
- At least 2-3 years’ related working experience
- Computer literacy
- English is a must and at least one other South African language would be an advantage
- Results driven
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Stress tolerance
- South African residents or holders of a valid South African work permit
TO APPLY: please email a one page motivation letter, your comprehensive CV with details of 3 contactable referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark your application Transport and Customs Officer
Closing date: 04 July 2021
Doctors Without Borders South Africa Mission NPC reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. While we thank all interested applicants, further communication will be limited to short-listed candidates only.