Vacancy: Fidelity Security Services – Truck Driver
Region: Helderkruin – Gauteng
Division: Group Infrastructure Management Department
Reporting to: Manager
Overall Purpose of the job:
We currently have a vacancy for a Truck Driver at the Group Infrastructure Management Department, situated in Krugersdorp, a division of Fidelity Services Group
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Valid driver’s licence Code 10 with PDP and a clean driving record with no traffic violations
- Have at least 5 years of experience driving trucks
- Knowledge of truck mechanical parts
- Clear Criminal record
- Own reliable transport – Essential
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip or use navigation apps to determine the best route
- Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps
- Pre-inspect the truck daily, perform routine maintenance such as monitoring fluid levels and replenishing plus make sure the truck is safe and clean inside
- Report when services are due and if the truck has any issues or needs repairs to be done
- Assist the driving crew on all trips with loading and unloading of equipment, furniture etc. and not to damage any goods
- Pick up goods, equipment, furniture etc., with care and verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed
- Loading, transporting and delivering items to clients or branches in a safe timely manner
- Reviewing orders/delivery notes before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete & correct plus make sure the client is satisfied
- Stay in contact with the office at all times
- Adhere to Health & Safety requirements at all times
- Responsible hardworking individual
- Persuasiveness and client relationship skills
- Good communication, planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work independently and with own initiative
- Quality assurance
- Team work
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates, Disabled Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Security Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.