Ward Clerk – Maternity
- Life Westville Hospital
- Ward Clerk – Maternity
- We are looking for an excellent communicator, with sound organisational skills to join our unit team. We require a person to prepare process and produce all documentation relating to patient administration and invoicing at ward level. Provide an administrative service to ward staff. Liaison with patients on aspects of administration matters. Stock control in the ward and billing. This is a full day position and the successful candidate will report to the Unit Manager, Tammy Kumar.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets.
- To ensure the speedy and effective execution of non-nursing activities.
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Ensuring a safe environment in all areas of the unit through staying up to date with safety standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions.
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Maintenance of a positive appearance and behavior, within and outside hospital relation.
- Friendly and helpful client service.
- Live up to the Quality principles.
- Professional secrecy and discretion during contact with customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring of effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- To assist with general clerical and administrative work. High professional standards and a commitment to your own development.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work within a team.
- PA to Unit Manager
- In addition a commitment to respecting the confidentiality of matters relating to patients and the hospital are essential
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Grade 12 qualification.
- Minimum 1 year ward clerk experience essential
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Knowledge of Imeds & Impilo an advantage
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Closing date
- Friday, April 30, 2021
Candidates are requested to specify the vacancy in the subject line of application.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.