Ward Clerk – ICU Ward
- Life St Mary’s Private Hospital
- Ward Clerk – ICU Ward
- A vacancy exists for a Ward Clerk, ICU Unit, based at Life St Mary’s Hospital, Mthatha, reporting to the Unit Manager, Linda Cula. The successful candidate will contribute towards the optimal functioning of the nursing team through effective: interdepartmental liaising, communication and administrative support to the nursing team.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets.
- To ensure the speedy and effective execution of non-nursing activities.
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Ensuring a safe environment in all areas of the unit through staying up to date with safety standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions.
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Maintenance of a positive appearance and behaviour, within and outside hospital relation.
- Friendly and helpful client service.
- Live up to the Quality principles.
- Professional secrecy and discretion during contact with customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring of effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- General administrative experience – at least 1 year
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Co-ordinating of bookings and patient transport.
- Sound communication
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Closing date
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.