Ward Clerk – Trauma
- Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
- Ward Clerk – Trauma
- A vacancy exists for a Ward Clerk In the Trauma Unit at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital. The successful candidate will report to the Unit Manager. Strong administration and organisational skills are essential for this position.
- Critical Outputs
- Conducting clerical/secretarial duties as allocated by the Unit Manager
- Coordinate with bed bookings
- Coordinate and assist with arrangements around functions
- Capture Agency hours on the system
- Management of all the stock in the unit – purchases, issues, stock counts, cost summary
- Management of all uniform orders – issues, charges
- Verification of weekly services charges vs PPDs
- Flexibility as per the unit’s operational requirements
Ensure quality client service.
Ensure cost-efficiency regarding staff planning, stationery and documentation orders as required by your position.
Experience / training in the field of Data capturing and stock control will definitely count in your favour.
- Grade 12 is essential
- Computer proficiency
- Good organisational skills are essential as well as teamwork
- Other competencies required are an ability to work under pressure, as part of a team
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of staff, patients and clients
- Relevant experience would be highly advantageous
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Debra Choice
- 021 506 4150
- Closing date
- Monday, August 30, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.