Ward Clerk/Secretary ICU
- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
- Ward Clerk/Secretary ICU
- A vacancy has arisen for a Ward Clerk/ Secretary in ICU, based at Life Bedford Gardens Hspital , reporting to Patricia Mjoli the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute towards the optimal functioning of the nursing team through effective: interdepartmental liaising, communication and Administrative support to the nursing team.
- Critical Outputs
- Ensuring of effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets.
- To ensure the speedy and effective execution of non-nursing activities.
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Ensuring a safe environment in all areas of the unit through staying up to date with safety standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions.
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Maintenance of a positive appearance and behavior, within and outside hospital relation.
- Friendly and helpful client service.
- Live up to the Quality principles.
- Professional secrecy and discretion during contact with customers and colleagues.
- General administrative experience – at least 1 year
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Co-ordinating of bookings and patient transport.
- Stock controlling experience – preferably in an ICU setting
- Secretarial duties
- Experience in a healthcare industry would be advantageous
- Ethical Behavior
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Closing date
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021
NB: indicate position in subject line of the email.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.