Ward Clerk / Stock Controller – Neonatal ICU
- Life Rosepark Hospital
- Ward Clerk / Stock Controller – Neonatal ICU
- An exiting opportunity has arisen for the position of a Ward Secretary/Stock Controller at Life Rosepark Hospital in Bloemfontein. The above position report to the Unit Manager, Adelle Snyman. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of the Nursing Team through effective: Interdepartmental liaising, Communication and Administrative support to the nursing team.
- Critical Outputs
- Participate in the management of inventory in the unit.
- Responsible for maintaining stock and dead stock as per agreed level.
- Responsible for the billing part of the patient’s account. Stock controllers are not responsible for the billing of the patients account
- Cycle counts and quarterly stock takes and variance investigation.
- Monthly stocktakes planning and investigations of the variance report.
- Investigation of weekly reports
- Liaise with nursing staff regarding queries and timeous follow up.
- Ordering of stock from pharmacy.
- Receiving stock from pharmacy and unpacking of stock on shelves.
- Bin maintenance.
- Maintaining Nursing Cards
- Maintaining shelves of store room.
- Must be computer-literate.
- Knowledge of Life Healthcare system (IMEDS + Impilo) will be an advantage.
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills and precise and meticulous in work.
- Administrative experience.
- Able to work under pressure.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Available for duties on weekends and public holidays if required and Flexi-time as required by the Unit.
- Esmarelda Benade
- 051 505 5519
- Closing date
- Friday, August 13, 2021
*We will no longer be accepting hand delivered CV’s
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.