Ward Clerk: Surgical 1
- Life Kingsbury Hospital
- Ward Clerk: Surgical 1
- A vacancy exists for Ward Clerk: Surgical 1, based at Life Kingsbury Hospital, reporting to Sr Charmaine Christian, the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning and co-ordination of the Unit.
- Critical Outputs
- Conduct secretarial duties as allocated by the Unit Manager
- To assist with stock management and control of unit assets with the approved hospital systems
- Billing for products dispensed from the Unit and updating patient charge sheets
- Promptly sending billing and patient records to pharmacy billing department for processing or coding
- To assist with data capturing, patient filing and general clerical and administrative work
- Scheduling all appointments
- Servicing customers and responding to patient questions, issues and/or concerns
- Ensuring the unit has adequate office supplies, equipment and inventory
- Grade 12 qualification
- 2 years office experience in a healthcare environment is preferred, including stock experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Windows essential
- Strong inter-personal skills required
- Pro-active, customer service orientated and the ability to work towards the common goal of the team.
- Leading by example
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Resilience, Team work
- Influencing (negotiation), developing people
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships & customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation (concern for high quality work)
- Ethical behaviour (honesty)
- Susan Gibbs
- 021 670 4034
- Closing date
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.