AfriSam (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in five Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam (South Africa) we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager the incumbent will be based at either the Shared Service Centre or possibly in one of our business units key regions. Pending on where other positions will be based and will provide procurement services to the Cement Business Unit
- Executing Warehouse Procurement for all warehouse inventory items for Dudfield, Cement Central and other operations where required.
- Managing demand planning and inventory optimisation.
- Improving working capital by evaluating & implementing stock initiatives for various goods on stock.
- Ensuring proper integration and reporting processes for MRP runs.
- Automating warehouse procurement processes by implementation of sourcing lists.
- Obtaining and negotiating prices for requested stores items.
- Ensuring timeous release of requisitions, placement of purchase orders and expediting of orders with suppliers and follow up on goods receipts with operations.
- Ensure compliance to national and regional contracts related to procurement of commodities.
- Assist with evaluating of supplier performance and verifying supplier qualifications to identify reputable suppliers.
- Initiating action for the region to ensure SAP housekeeping is maintained regarding requisitions, outstanding orders and stock counts.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade 12 plus a Diploma in Procurement & Supply Operations (CIPS) or equivalent tertiary qualification. Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. SAPICS, CIPS.
- Minimum 3 years procurement experience in an engineering environment.
- At least 2 years experience in inventory management and buying processes.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of SAP (PM) and good working knowledge of SAP MM reporting such as MD06 & MD07.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge.
- Knowledge of inventory management and categorisation and MRP.
The incumbent must have analytical skills; display negotiation skills; have the ability to handle complaints and solve problems; and have good communication skills.
Applicants must inform their immediate Manager of their interest in the vacancy. Please forward your application and rÃ©sumÃ© to Zipporah Tshelane or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and use Warehouse Buyer as reference in your email.
Applicants are advised that AfriSam is a designated employer under the Employment Equity Act and as such has an Employment Equity Plan in place. The Company therefore has the right to fill the vacancy in accordance with its Employment Equity Plan in order to fulfil its transformation objectives by preferring designated employees.”