Warehouse Controller – Springs
Location: Springs, GT, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited to apply for the above mentioned position to be based in Secondary Production, Springs, within the Full Goods department. The successful applicant will report to the Full Goods Manager.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure timeous supply of products to depots and direct customers within agreed service levels through competent and empowered personnel.
- Apply and execute effective stock management principles
- Ensure control of and report on all stock variances
- Effective management of finished goods
- Ensure that quality & risk management standards, policies and procedures are adhered to within the department.
- Ensure efficient truck and forklift utilisation and the loading of contracted transport.
- Ensure effective forklift Maintenance, services are scheduled and actioned as per Budget.
- Achieve efficient truck turnaround times.
- Maintain/control export service levels.
- Effective Management of write offs and losses within the Warehouse/Exports environment.
- Effective management of subordinates.
- Attainment of subordinates’ training and development plans to meet business objectives.
- Applying leadership skills to ensure competent and motivated staff.
- Facilitate Empowering Excellence meetings and ensure compliance to Mini business operating standards within team.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Minimum of a senior certificate (Grade 12).
- A tertiary qualification within the Logistics/Warehousing study fields is Compulsory.
- 3 – 4 years warehouse/export experience in a leadership role.
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office, especially Excel on an intermediate level of competency is essential.
- Experience on the SAP administration system will be advantageous.
- The ability to develop a clear vision for subordinates and involving team members in creating a shared vision.
- The ability to utilise the appropriate leadership style and develop individual capabilities.
- The ability to develop new ideas and to create new concepts and solutions to problems.
- The ability to organise and utilise resources and effectively delegate tasks to subordinates.
- The ability to implement prescribed productivity and work flow methods and to ensure smooth execution of stock control within the Warehouse.
- Knowledge of all packaging and warehouse management principles.
- The ability to manage a warehouse through space utilisation, effective delivery and human resources utilisation.
- Knowledge of all stock control management principles.
- The ability to manage the stock control process through procedure and process adherence.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za and following: Home > Careers.
Reference number: 17746 Closing Date: 02 April 2021